This product has an 82mm spinner and the new helical gear set.
Now included is a Spare Belt and 8mm Main Shaft.
The spinners come uncut and with no screw holes drilled in them. We offer a cutting and drilling service for $50 + GST. The carbon spinner pictures above show the workmanship you can expect with this service. Select this option from the dropdown menu above.
We can also offer the drive without spinners so a Falcon contra spinner can be used. This is useful if you need an 89mm spinner diameter (KARAT Bipe). Speak to us if this option is required. This option is pictured above with white spinners.
Adverrun is an F3A Contra drive system developed to minimize the torque effects induced by the rotating propeller. Forces which affect the flight path of the plane are reduced in order to focus the pilots attention on performing the maneuvers. Adverrun uses a combined Belt/Gear reduction system to drive two Propellers rotating in opposite directions. It has specifically been designed for F3A use.
The new Adverun XS weight has been significantly reduced compared to the 2016 model. It continues to be largly maintenance free.
Adverrun is offered in combination with the Kontronik Pyro 650 motor. It ships pre-assembled including motor and spinner and comes with screws and rubber mounts. All alloy parts are anodized in Kontronik red. To match your planes nose ring size you can choose from either an 82mm or 85mm spinner. Alternatively, Falcon contra spinners can be used with minor modifications to the rear spinner backplate.
- Delrin gear and belt drive requires minimal maintenance.
- Front mount and rear mount. Adverrun is mounted with supplied rubber isolators.
- Now with soft mount on rear.
- Rear mount allows for side thrust adjustment with slotted holes. We use 0° side thrust.
- Motor shaft is supported by front bearing. No extra support is needed for the motor.
- No special ESC requirements with Pyro 650-53 motor. Can be used with Spin 99 and Mezon ESC’s as well as other F3A controllers.
Adverrun has been desgined for 10s Lipo packs. We have tested the most common propeller combinations.
- Front: 22" x 20" / Rear: 22" x 22" (recommended)
- Front: 22" x 20" / Rear: 22" x 20"
- Front: 20" x20" / Rear: 20.5" x 20.5"
- Front: 22" x 18" / Rear: 22" x 20" (can be used - but we found it a bit too slow)
- Front: 23" x 20" / Rear: 23" x 22" (can be used - but current consumption is quite high)
These combinations will result in maximum currents of 90-120A on the ground providing more power than needed in a typical F3A flight.
Weight has always been a concern in F3A and one of the reasons for the three year Adverrun development phase. Weight very much depends on the motor used. It is common to state weight of contra drives without accessories. We list weight without accessories for comparison with other drives, but also including spinner and accessories (i.e. screws and rubber isolator mounts). Compared to other drives, Adverrun also limits the need for using additional carbon mounting plates to fit the drive in your plane.
- Adverrun weight: ~585 grams.
Extra ESC Settings:
- Timing - 20°
- Poles - 10
- Gear Ratio - 4:1